Of course, this is on my "must test drive" list...
The Toyota FJ Cruiser was originally a concept car and then it was green lighted for production form. It's considered a retro-style compact SUV, and thanks to the response of the consumers, production began in early 2006.
Let's talk specs, shall we???
The FJ Cruiser is working with
- 4.0L 1GR-FE DOHC V6 Engine with 239 hp.
- Available in 6-speed Manual (Full time Four Wheel Drive) or 5-speed Automatic (Part time Four Wheel Drive or Full time Rear Wheel Drive)
- 0-60: 7.8 seconds
- 60-0 (Breaking): 126.6 ft
- Top Speed: 120 mph
- MPG: 17 city and 22 highway with a 19 gallon fuel tank for the Automatic. Manual is a little different (15 city and 19 highway)
- Exterior: Two-tone exterior color (color-keyed body with white roof top)
Multi-reflector halogen headlamps
Black bumpers with metallic silver trim
Washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers
Rear window defogger with intelligent timer
Rear-hatch glass window with release lever
Two full doors and two access doors with silver-trim door handles (Suicide Door style)
Black overfenders with integrated mud flaps (Mud flaps bother me, I always think of pickup trucks)
(5) 17 inches with the vehicle. (Note: The spare is a full size tire)
(Photo from carbodydesign.com)
- Interior: The same stuff that any SUV would have: Flat dash panels with pipe-like structure with silver instrument-panel trim
color-keyed center instrument-panel trim
Tilt 3-spoke steering wheel with silver trim
Analog instrument meters with backlit white surface area on tachometer, speedometer, fuel, temp and volt meters
CFC-free air conditioning
AM/FM/MP3 CD player with six speakers
Auxiliary audio jack
Dual sun visors with driver's side vanity mirrors
Four cup holders and two bottle holders
Power windows and door locks
Fabric-trimmed 8-way manual-adjustable driver's seat with armrest
Fabric-trimmed 4-way manual-adjustable passenger seat with seatback pocket
Fabric-trimmed 60/40 split rear seats with tumble/removable bottom cushion and fold-down seatback
Key cylinder light
Rear window defogger, and more
- As far as recalls are concerned: Surprisingly there's not a lot, and it wasn't affected by the "Sticking Accelerator Petal" recall earlier this year.